CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Scrapbooking History

I began scrapbooking about 4 years ago with a group of women who I view as real pro's! Their pages were just beautiful and I was so proud when I pasted with a glue stick a few pictures onto a page, added a couple of stickers and thougth I had created a masterpiece! Then I realized how much more to scrapbooking there was to learn! Over the years I have added many new techniques to my collection of scrapbooking necessities. My favorite technique is using my Cricut Expression machine! Anything is possible with a Cricut and a few cartridges. I am always looking for new cartridges and have found the best buys at Cricutmachine.com and Ebay.com. I check out what is new on the Cricut website then start my bargain searches! I have made many scrapbooks for friends and enjoy designing pages with new themes in each book. I hope you will join my blog and enjoy some of my work!


made by Leelou

Saturday, March 12, 2011

March Challenges

Hi Everyone!  Thanks to my loyal followers! 

This week I had surgery and am home resting.  I had some time to spend on making a few cards for the different challenges that I try to follow each week.

The first card I made was for The Jitterbuggin' Challenge Rainbows and Butterflies. The theme is rainbows......rainbows themselves.....or rainbow colors. Make any card....any sketch.....use a rainbow or rainbow colors......add a butterfly....and emboss something.

For this challange I made an A2 card in light blue cardstock.  I cut a smaller rectangle in purple and then embossed it with Flowers using my Cuttlebug.  I added yellow plaid ribbon at the bottom.  Using Everday Cards Cricut Cartridge, I cut out an ice cream sundae at 4".  Embossed the yellow soda glass and topped with glitter paper cut out in the shape of dripping ice cream.  I topped it with a cherry and stem.  I stamped for you with a butterfly underneath, added a green gem to the butterflys head and then using my ripple sissors I cut out free hand the small green rectangle cardstock.  I used all the colors of the rainbow on this card!



My 2nd submission this week was to Fantablulous Cricut Challenge #50:  Challenge #50 "Tree Time"
Create a project using any type of tree (i.e. palm, pine tree even a tree branch would do)

I cut out Marina Mist cardstock from Stampin Up to an A2 size card.  I added some sandy looking brown paper to the bottom for my beach effect.  My tree is a palm which I embossed with my Cuttlebug using the Swirls Sheet.  I had some irridescent pink paper left over from another project and cut out my oyster shell adding the pearl to the center.  Sunny Days I cut from Everyday Cards cartridge and embossed it using the Circles sheet.  Sunny Days HAVE to be arriving soon!

7 comments:

  1. Nice job on the challenge!! Thank you for playing along with us this week at FCCB!!

    Maquel
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am waiting for those sunny days. nice job on the card and thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job. I love the embossing. Thanks for playing at FCCB.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaah, makes me want to sit on the beach. I especially like the oyster shell and pearl. Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at FCCB! :o)

    Lisa N.
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors and embossing!~!!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete