CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Scrapbooking History

I began scrapbooking about 4 years ago with a group of women who I view as real pro's! Their pages were just beautiful and I was so proud when I pasted with a glue stick a few pictures onto a page, added a couple of stickers and thougth I had created a masterpiece! Then I realized how much more to scrapbooking there was to learn! Over the years I have added many new techniques to my collection of scrapbooking necessities. My favorite technique is using my Cricut Expression machine! Anything is possible with a Cricut and a few cartridges. I am always looking for new cartridges and have found the best buys at Cricutmachine.com and Ebay.com. I check out what is new on the Cricut website then start my bargain searches! I have made many scrapbooks for friends and enjoy designing pages with new themes in each book. I hope you will join my blog and enjoy some of my work!


made by Leelou

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Jitterbuggin' Challenge

I finally finished my card for the Jitterbuggin Challenge this week. The following sketch had to be followed and I needed to use the color green.


I used my Cricut cartridge Just Because Cards to cut a 5" square card in blue cardstock from Stampin' Up.  I cut a 4 3/4" square of Green Dots and 4 corners of Pink Fence (both papers were from the Celebrations Pack made by Cricut)  I attached 4 line of skinny pink ribbon then glued the corners over the edges.    Using the George Basic cartridge I cut a 3" rectangle in blue cardstock, then a 2 3/4" rectangle in white.  I inked the edges of the blue cardstock with Stampin' Up Marina Mist ink.  I stamped onto the white cardstock the "for you" and "corner swirls" stamps in Marina Mist ink.  I cut out 1/2" flowers from several different Cricut cartridges (I just looked at different ones and found a couple that I liked....any flower could be used for this design.)   After attaching them to the white cardstock I placed a tiny rhinestone in the center of each flower.  I cut a swirl pattern using the Serenage cartridge at 2", Cuttlebugged it with the Dotted Swiss folder and attached it to the white cardstock with a popdot.  I found a tiny sticker with of a flower pot with similar shaped flowers as the ones I had cut out and placed it in the "window" of the card on the left as a balancing point.  I think this will make a great Easter card for one of my family members!



2 comments:

  1. Great Spring card. I love all the bright colors. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card....it will definitely make someone's day!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete